This post was originally published on April 1, 2011
Buffalo Steak prepared simply with Broccoli, half an Avocado and Sliced Tomatoes. Topped with Udo’s DHA Oil, plate cleaned with Almond Meal.
- Flax Seed Oil
- Olive Oil or Canola Oil
- Buffalo (Bison) Steaks
- Slicing Tomatos
- 1 tbsp Udo’s DHA Oil
- Almond Meal
- In a frying pan over medium heat place 1/2 tbsp of Flax Oil and 1/2 tbsp of Olive or Canola Oil
- Season the Buffalo steaks with a bit of pepper
- Place the Buffalo steaks in the frying pan, depending on the thickness they shouldn’t take long to cook. Remember Buffalo cooks faster than beef
- Using a steaming basket (pictured bottom right) and a pot steam up some Broccoli, or whatever green veggie (Spinach, Brussels Sprouts, Asparagus) you have handy
- Slice some tomatoes
- Cut an Avocado in half and remove the pit by grasping the Avocado in your left hand and hitting the pit with the blade of the knife, then when the blade is sunk in the pit twist the knife slightly and the pit will come out. Then hit the handle of the knife on the edge of a trash can to get the pit to pop off and land in the trash
- Plate everything up, cover it all with 1 tbsp of Udo’s DHA Oil, this oil is great, its super healthy and tastes great.
Steaming the veggies is always better than boiling, you can of course use steaming bags if you prefer as opposed to the steaming basket.
Udo’s DHA Oil is really healthy and tastes great, I suggest you integrate it into as many things as possible, but of course be aware it is still oil and has some caloric heft to it.
You can buy Udo’s Oil at Whole Foods or other Natural Foods stores, or purchase it via Amazon by clicking below…